Monday, February 20, 2012

PS- my fish hotel

I have been wanting this fish hotel since I saw it in Crate and Barrel's catalogue last November. So I finally got it after it was sold out, back ordered, then finally in stores! Cadence and I picked out three pink fishes (puppy, opey and happy... don't ask) and put them happily into their new home.

Fast forward one week later:
I had to change the water and apparently killed them all. The fat one sunk. The other two swam upside down for a few minutes, then floated.

I'm so glad Cadence wasn't attached to them yet. Maybe I should stick to a beta, I've always had much better luck at replacing those without anyone knowing.

(Crate and Barrel, Fish Hotel: http://m.crateandbarrel.com/decorating-and-accessories/home-accents/fish-hotel/s250344)

1 comment:

  1. The same thing happened to me, I found out that I had to dechlorinate the water first: http://www.firsttankguide.net/dechlorinator.php

    poor fish...

    ReplyDelete